Sunday, March 6, 2011

Drifters

Give me the distance.
The miles between,
The space that separates,
Two souls akin.
For I fear,
Proximity builds walls.

I fear I see your mind at work,
Not familiar as it once was.
Just cold and dirty.
I fear I do not see your heart,
Just a dark hollow.
I fear I hear your lies,
But that is just a four letter word.
I fear I crave your absence
For solace is what I crave.

Give me the distance,
So my vision is blurred,
My hearing imprecise,
As we drift apart.
For I know we’ve burnt our bridges,
But my frail heart still breaks to see them burning.


2 comments:

Priyanshi said...

Applauding poetry like this makes me feel like I'm making a mockery of the feelings behind the walls of the poet's heart.

You get the drift :)

The Dark Side Of The Moon said...

I do. :)